Profit from Printmaking – Request for Submissions
There is a new printmaking book on the horizon and author Susan Yeates is looking for help from UK-based printmakers to complete this project.
Susan has been writing this book for the past 12 months and is inviting artists to submit potential images for use on the front cover.
About the Book Project:
Profit From Printmaking – Create a Business You Love From Your Printmaking Skills is the latest book from Amazon no.1 bestselling author Susan Yeates. It is due to be published in early 2017 and the book is currently at the editing stage. Susan is now searching for an inspiring front cover image or images.
Please read on for more details of what is required for submissions as well as full details of what the book is about.
Book Cover Submissions:
Deadline for submission: Friday 9th December 2016
I am seeking an image to go onto the front of the book. An image that represents visually what the book is about – enjoying printmaking and creating prints, not just as a hobby but as a potential way of generating income!
Ideally this image will be:
- A high-resolution photograph of a recent print (digital prints not accepted – original prints only e.g. linocut, woodcut, screenprinting, etching, textile printing, drypoint etc)
- A photo of an artist working/printing in their studio
- Anything else related to printmaking
- A photo of someone creating prints
- An image of teaching printmaking to groups.
- A high-resolution image (minimum 300dpi)
- Minimum size 9” x 6” (portrait) although slightly larger is ideal to allow for bleeds and cropping.
- File types accepted: .jpg .tiff or .ai
- I require the name of the work, date of the work and artist who created it to be able to credit them within the book.
- Any work submitted must be your own and you must have the rights to submit the work for the cover.
- The work ideally will be a recent work or photograph, can be created especially for the cover or of an existing piece of work.
The artist will be credited within the book and a license fee will be paid. The artist will get to see the draft cover before the book goes to print. (Detail of the license fee TBC and discussed on an individual basis).
To submit an image for consideration for the cover please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once the deadline for submission has been reached, all works will be considered and all artists will be contacted with a response as to whether they have been successful. Unsuccessful works may be considered for entry within the book or on the back cover – but only on full discussion and agreement with the artist. If there are many submissions, a combination of several images may be used!
Profit from Printmaking explores how printmaking can be turned from a relaxing and creative hobby into an enjoyable business enterprise. Take a moment to imagine:
- People actually buying the artwork that you create
- A life where being a printmaker actually pays the bills (or at least your materials bill!)
- Teaching your printmaking skills to others and getting paid to do it!
This book is written by printmaker, tutor and Amazon No. 1 bestselling author of Learning Linocut, Susan Yeates. Susan will take your creative printmaking skills and teach you all you need to know about selling your work, marketing yourself and teaching successful workshops and courses.
Profit from Printmaking is packed full of practical tips and information and covers:
- Types of products that you could create through printmaking
- Ways that you can sell your work
- Marketing yourself and your work
- How to run great printmaking courses
- Tips on running your own business
- Plus much, much more!
Within this book Susan shares her practical printmaking experience and business acumen to provide you with a comprehensive understanding of how to profit from printmaking – and enjoy yourself along the way!
Who is This Book For?
This book is suitable for any printmaker, whether amateur or professional who wishes to find out more about how to sell their work, promote themselves or run successful printmaking courses. Whether you want to do this part-time in addition to another job or become totally self-employed and create your own business from something that you love, there will be something in here to help you!
About the Author:
Susan Yeates is a printmaker, tutor and published author. She has written three art/craft books including Learning Linocut (2011), an Amazon no. 1 best-selling printmaking book providing a comprehensive introduction to relief printing.
Susan has been printmaking since she was at school, obtained a printmaking degree from Loughborough University and has been teaching printmaking courses and workshops since 2003. Susan has also had experience running numerous other businesses in different industries including digital marketing and coaching from which she draws upon to share the information within this book.
Susan lives and works in Woking in Surrey (UK) and continues to teach printmaking to anyone wanting to learn!
Thank You and Any Questions?
Thank you so much for your assistance with this project and I will keep all printmakers who become involved with this book up to date with progress.
Feel free to contact me with any queries.