Your path to a more creative life!
Hello and a warm welcome to the home of Inspire.
Inspire is a monthly membership group with me, Susan Yeates and it is designed especially for creative souls like you, that need a little inspiration and a few more arty things to do on a monthly basis. The doors to Inspire open just a few times a year and doors will open again in June 2021 – click on the button below to join the Inspire waiting list.
Yes, that’s right, each month I share with you BRAND NEW art tutorials, themes and projects to work on, creative mindset chats recorded in my home studio, arty challenges and discussions about things that inspire me at the moment. This is MUCH MORE than an online course… It is a celebration of all things creative and inspirational. To see the work of Inspire members please visit the Inspire gallery.
Registration for new members opens a few times a year and doors will open again in June 2021.
Introduction to Inspire
Sketching Inspiration – Ideas – Techniques – Community
Who is Inspire for?
The Inspire membership is designed for anyone looking to be inspired regularly and wanting a big boost in their creativity… on a regular basis.
It is all about cultivating a creative mindset and way of life. This is achieved through watching the regular art tutorials with me, seeing what books I am reading at the moment, working to new inspirational themes and projects each month and listening to me chat about how we can change out mindset about art and creativity.
It is for anyone who wants to join a community of other like-minded people – a community that gives more than just a standard art e-course. In this membership you connect with other creatives and join me in my studio every month. This relationship will build as we all get to know each other better and follow this path to a creative life together.
Specifically this membership is perfect for:
- Beginners to art, sketching and drawing that need some tips on where to start and what to draw
- Anyone looking to start a career in a design or creative field
- Professional artists and designers looking for a fresh perspective and motivation each month
- Serious amateur artists looking for new techniques and a creative boost
- Anyone who has done the 30-day sketchbook challenge and wants a longer-term way to maintain their creativity
- Art students
- Anyone that wants to connect with other creatives in a fun arty community space
If you are a creative person and NEED a regular dose of creativity in your life then you are in the right place…
Why should you be ‘Inspired’?
- To get inspired and stay inspired
- To learn how to flourish creatively
- To grow and develop professionally and artistically
- To cultivate your creativity and learn to think with a ‘creative brain’
- Remove ‘artists block’ and the ‘fear of the blank page’
- Build a regular and sustainable art practice
- Find new ideas and ways of looking at the world
- Relax and enjoy creativity again
- Find new books, artists, and ways of using art materials
Inspiration – Ideas – Techniques – Community
How does it work?
When you join Inspire you gain instant access to the full membership portal plus the Facebook support group.
Within the course portal you will find an important Introduction and Welcome module explaining how to use the portal and what you can expect and then the monthly Inspire content.
Every month BRAND NEW content is added which as an Inspire member you have full access to. Content includes:
- A monthly art tutorial with me in my studio (or a guest tutor). This will include pencil drawing techniques, printmaking tutorials, painting (acrylic and watercolour), colour theory and specific projects and exercises etc
- Regular arty and creative challenges
- ‘Tea with Susan’ mindset videos – these are my thoughts on how to cultivate your creativity and think like an artist
- Book reviews and art materials recommendations
- Inspirational ‘themes and projects’ each month
- An ‘Inspire Me’ section where I discuss what is on my mind and what is keeping me interested at the moment.
- Artist interviews
- Journal prompts
- ‘Behind the scenes’ articles and videos where I open up my studio and working methods (including marketing tips, using the iPad and Adobe CC, and creative business strategy) to show what I get up to in a creative business. This will be shaped by what YOU want to head about!
- BONUSES such as – creative meditations, inspiring music playlists, discounts on my other short courses, free mini courses and exclusive first access to any new courses and content created by me including ‘behind the scenes’ videos!
- As well as the membership/course portal where the actual content is contained (for you to access as long and you are a member), we have a facebook support group. Here you can meet other members, share your work and ask questions.
As an Inspire member you also have email support with me (Susan) and I will also drop into the Facebook Group for monthly LIVE Q&A sessions.
You can also suggest content to be included in Inspire and ask questions. The group will shape and grow with you all!
Tour of the course portal
What is included in ‘Inspire’
- New art tutorial videos and exercises each month (by Susan or guest tutor)
- Monthly theme to work to
- New project, task or challenge each month
- Artist ‘mindset’ video (Tea with Susan!)
- Book reviews and materials recommendations
- Behind the scenes – a sneaky insight to what I am up to at the moment – this could be course launches, creating my own artwork, how I use materials or my iPad, how I run my business etc…
- ‘Inspire me’ content which includes things like creative meditations, tools and materials suggestions, journal prompts, free mini courses, music playlists, healthy food recipes, artist interviews and recommendations for blogs and articles.
Example Themes and Topics
Each month we launch a new theme or topic to work on including tutorials, exercises, a creativity (mindset) discussion and a project or challenge.
Here is a list of what we have covered so far…
- June 2020 – Mark-Making
- July 2020 – Colour
- August 2020 – Flowers and Leaves
- September 2020 – Mindfulness Through Art
What is Included in the Monthly Membership?
Contents of the Membership
- Welcome to Inspire
- How ‘Inspire’ works
- Introducing Susan
- Join the Facebook Community
- Get the most out of your membership
- Ask Susan / make suggestions
- Tour of the Course Portal
- Theme: e.g. Markmaking, colour, flowers and leaves, mindfulness through art
- Tutorial with Susan
- Creative mindset video
- Challenge / Project
- Inspire me…
- Book review
Note: Registration for new members opens a few times a year and doors will open again in June 2021.
About Your Inspire Host (Susan)
My name is Susan Yeates and I am an artist, author, tutor and creative entrepreneur.
I am passionate about creativity and staying inspired for making art. I love inspiring others to make art and to try new things – which is why I have created this unique membership group.
I have written two books on linocutting including Amazon no. 1 bestsellers, Learning Linocut (2011) and A Beginner’s Guide to Linocut (2019, Search Press).
In 2018 I launched the annual 30 Day Sketchbook Challenge which begins on 01 January each year. I love getting new people interested in art, sketching and creativity. It is from this annual challenge that I have identified the need for a membership group that helps to Inspire creativity on a regular basis, not just once per year.
As well as creating my own drawings and prints I love educating and sharing my knowledge – I have a number of e-courses tutoring beginners to drawing, sketching and printmaking. These include Sketching for Fun, Build a Daily Sketching Habit and Mindful Drawing and Doodling for Beginners.
I am also a busy mama, a pottery cafe owner (Fired Frog Pottery Cafe in Woking) and reading addict.
In December 2019 I delivered a TedX talk at the WWF Living Planet Centre here in Woking entitled “Create Your Mandala Universe – Collaborate for a Beautiful Life.” This talk is all about collaboration and connection for mums in business and also includes some of my mandala drawings. See the video on the TedX YouTube channel.
Why I created Inspire
I think it is important at the start of our journey together to explain why I have created Inspire and a little bit about the journey we are about to embark on together…
Inspire is a place for me to share all the things that inspire me about the world and a way for me to walk hand-in-hand with fellow creatives. Inspire is my inner circle of creative connections and full of wonderful people who love making art on a regular basis – who can’t live without it!
I love sharing ideas and helping others to discover the essential creativity that is inside of them. As someone who personally had a few good years of bleakness creatively, I want to help others who have perhaps experienced a similar thing (artists’ block) by sharing all the tips, tricks, ideas and things I do to stay creatively inspired and motivated. It is great for all those people who have always wanted to take their art seriously (whether this is to sell your art or just as a serious hobby).
Inspire is needed – it is a place to be yourself and supported by other creative souls. It is a place to celebrate creativity, to explore new ideas and ways of working and to nurture whatever art practice is your ‘thing.’
I want you to make stuff, paint stuff, draw stuff, sew stuff, create stuff and then tell us all about it!
Let’s take that path to a more creative life together…
Frequently asked questions
Note: Registration opens a few times a year and doors will open again in June 2021.